We want to build our family through adoption! If you, or someone you know is considering adoption, please think our family. Thank you.


Thursday, February 18, 2010

Getting to Know Us

Favorite Book:
Brian
Bourne Identity. It is very different from the movies (even though I love the movies too). It goes into the character development and uses the technology of the 1960's but it is suspenseful and well written.

Christine Pride and Prejudice and Emma

Music Listen to Most:
Brian Classical
Christine Mostly I listen to Kindermusik with James when we're in our home or car. When I have a chance I update my ipod with music for the season whether it's Christmas music, Thanksgiving, or just songs for my mood. I love classical (my favorite composers are Mozart, Bach, and Sibelius). I like Celine Dion and yes I will admit that I am a card carrying member of her fan club Team Celine. I like the bands Coldplay and Collective Soul. I like the crooners Harry Connick Jr and Michael Buble.

Favorite Band
Depeche Mode (yes I'm old or uh Retro)
Coldplay, Collective Soul

Movie I could watch over and over
Bourne Identity and Harry Potter
Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Sense and Sensibility. I love these beautiful novels and enjoy seeing the movies. The cinematography is beautiful! I love the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice and have even grown to love the newest version with Kiera Knightly. It's such a different time and it makes me appreciate my life and the opportunities I've been given for travel and education. Especially when I think of "my" Mr. Brian.

If I could afford anything in the world I would buy
A condo in Hawaii. We go there so often I would really like to invest in the real estate there. For now, we just travel there. One day though :)
My dream house. I would love a very large room to entertain our extended family. Since I love to decorate Christmas trees I would love a place for all my trees. I would also have an even bigger toy room. Actually, I love our current home. We have so many great memories here and I can't wait to decorate another nursery!!!!

Favorite Sport to Watch
Brian: Football, synchronized swimming (hee hee)
Christine: Sports? I'm really not much of a sports person. Although, I'm outnumbered now as the only girl in the house so sports is on tv more. Going in person though is a different story. Now when it comes to the Olympics, I LOVE the Olympics. Then I watch every event possible volleyball, skiing, gymnastics you name it and I'll watch it!!

Moment when I achieved absolute happiness
Brian: Marrying Christine
Christine: When our son's birthmom placed James in my arms. This was absolute HEAVEN!! We had waited so many years for this dream to come true! I was speechless and honestly I think the world stopped revolving for just a moment. I look forward to holding another child and falling in love with him/her at that moment !

Strangest Posession:
Brian Joseph and Hyrum Smith death masks (copies)

The thing I am most paasionate about is:
Brian: Adoption and recognizing birthmoms for their sacrifice. My goal is t o start a foundation in honor of birthmoms!
Chrsitine: My family and following through with my committments!